Saturday, July 12, 2008

week 2, days 2 & 3

day 2: 16, 13, 11, 11, 65

day 3: 15, 15, 12, 12, 45

so i've completed my first week of interval training, waking up early and heading to the track for some hi/lo-intensity running, doing my pushups on the days in between. following in jaybroni's footsteps, i decided to do day 3's pushups super slow, with a hard stop at the top of each rep. man that made a big difference in my max (could also be the lack of sleep and the alcohol consumed merely hours earlier!), but i think he's right in that it'll help out during the exhaustion test. good call, jaybroni!

as far as progress goes, i'd been steadily increasing my max with each day (aside from the last day when i did the slow pushups), and i'm already noticing a difference in my upper body, as my a-cups are filling out quite nicely thank you very much. i got my basketball playoffs starting tomorrow, so we'll see if all this training pays dividends on the court as well :-)

No comments: