Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Unleashing the Pawaah

I got 5 hours of sleep last night; I normally need 10. Needless to say, I was exhausted today. And then, on top of that, work made me really, really angry. I mean, REALLY angry. I wanted to punch a wall. I wanted to hurt some people. Luckily, I'm not THAT crazy. I kept my composure in the office, and haven't punched anything or anyone...yet. Instead, I went to the gym for 1.5 hours.

Today was Day 2 of the challenge. I started off with my usual 20 minutes cardio, except I stepped up the level a few notches. It felt GOOD. Then I stretched and did my push-ups. 12-12-10-10-22. I have no idea if that's good or bad, but I do know that my arms felt dead after that. When I got to the final set of seeing the max I could do, I tried what the 100 push-ups guy suggests for the final test:
"
Take your time, don't rush and focus on performing ten push ups at a time. Breaking the magic hundred into smaller chunks will make the goal more achievable and give you more chance of success." Um, that totally did NOT work for me. I felt discouraged counting back to 1, and it slowed me down. What's that say about me?

After the push-ups, I did a full body workout since I can't workout tomorrow - lats, shoulders, abs, thighs, glutes, biceps, triceps, back, calves (I may not be able to get out of bed tomorrow and especially on Friday.)...I hope my strength training won't make me look like Ms. Olympia. Imagining Arnold Schwarzenegger saying "UNLEEASH THE PAWAAAH!!" now not only makes me laugh but also sorta scares me.* HA!

*The Gov. is speaking at my conference in October, and the theme of the conference is "Unleash the Power. So my colleagues and I keep imagining him saying that."


No comments: